Thursday, March 20, 2008

JUST ANOTHER......DAY IN PARADISE

I reported awhile back about skiing again and mentioned that I look forward to going out with my kids as long as they put on my boots and make sure I'm warm enough (01/13/08 post). Well Lauren, my youngest, is home on school break and offered to do just that. We skied together for the first time in 10 years and what a blast on Vail Mountain. THIS IS YOUR VAIL SKI REPORT MARCH 19.

The sky was brilliant blue. The temperature was 37 degrees. The sun was much warmer than that. The snow was soft and easy to ski. In spite of spring break, the crowds were minimal. What a wonderful day on the mountain.

For anyone keeping stats, I took my first major spill under Chair 7 in Game Creek and put on quite a display for all that were fortunate enough to witness it from the chair. Without exaggeration, 300 hundred yards on my back doing whirlybirds. No problem though. Not even my ego was damaged.

Spring skiing is here and you have to come and enjoy this before it's done.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Moments created on the mountain like yours are how great memories are made. I had the same experience of tumbling under chair 7, it was not pretty or fun, well maybe, for the riders on the lift! Wish we could all enjoy a beautiful day you described with our grown children.

Anonymous said...

just as described, the weather was great, the tumble was worth it, and the day on the slopes with my dad was priceless. Thanks for the gelato, asparagus, and medallion. Your the best dad! i await my return to beautiful Vail, CO and expect you in the northwest forests sooner!
Sending my lovelovelove
Lauren

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Happy Easter Lauren
Hope you see a little Colorado sunshine in the great northwest. Keep up those grades and try to limit the hanky-panky. Love you to, Dad